Recipe: Cherry Maple Salmon
Instead of a long story about how my recipe reminds me of a summers day in Spain, I start with a quick difficulty list. This means you can easily decide if you’re up to it or if you’d rather toss a pizza in the oven.
For ingredients, 1 means you may already have all of them at home and 5 means you may need to special order an ingredient.
For equipment, 1 means the most very basic of tools need and 5 means needing to buy a special piece of equipment you may not use often.
For method, 1 means as easy as prepping and tossing in the oven and 5 means you’ll feel like you’re juggling flaming knives.
This recipe makes 2 portions
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cherry Jam
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Salmon fillets
- Cutting board
- Baking tray or oven-proof baking dish
- Small sauce-pan
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (400F)
- Mix the soy sauce, cherry jam, maple syrup into the small saucepan
- Squeeze the lemon into the mix and stir
- Bring the saucepan mixture to a boil, once bubbling turn off the heat
- Put the saucepan into the fridge or freezer until the glaze has cooled and has a thicker consistency (this is really important to stop burning during cooking)
- Cover baking tray or dish in tinfoil and place salmon fillets on the tray
- Spoon the glaze over the salmon generously
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Serve with basmati rice and roasted or stir-fried greens
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.